Monday, August 31, 2026

My HUGE Comeback at Hillcrest

Written on 7-12-26.

        He duffed it!  He also double-hit it, and he quickly turned and asked if it was legal.  I told him that it was, but he figured it out at the same time.  That’s something I would usually do (a double-hit).  That didn’t help his situation much, though.  His golf ball skittered across the green and back into the deep grass.  He would have to manage a great up and down just to tie me now, so I felt a bit of relief.  I also knew that he could still pull it off.  He’s done some wild things like that before.

Thankfully, this wasn’t one of those times.  I had done it.  I had pulled off a HUGE comeback, and it was truly miraculous.  I surely thanked God afterwards.  

We went from not playing to playing, and I had gone from not winning to winning.  My, how the tables turned for this.  

I forgot to show Grant my favorite view on the course on the teeing grounds on #15.  I was so focused on our competition.  It didn’t matter.  He said he truly enjoyed the golf course.

No comments: