Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Dual Trading Cards: Hayden Christensen and David Prowse Autographs

Written on 8-30-26.

        Wow!  It’s been a month since I last wrote in here.  I am just not playing golf as much I usually have.  Let me gather my thoughts to figure out what I have been doing instead.  I am watching golf this Sunday, so that’s what reminded me. 

First, I missed posting about my 15th “birthday” on Caring Bridge, or more specifically, the 15th anniversary of my brain surgery.  I just let that date slip right on by.  Just spaced it out.  That was June 28th, nearly two months ago, and it wasn’t even a thought until a few days ago.  I looked on my calendar and my To Do List to research what I was doing at that time, but it was nothing out of the ordinary.  It was a Sunday, too.  We didn’t go anywhere.  I saw I was working on submitting...

that David Prowse autographed 1977 trading card, but that didn’t take up much brain space to forget something as important as that.

When I told my family about it this weekend in Albuquerque, they had the right reaction, and I had the same one, too.  It’s a wonderful thing that I had forgotten about it.  I was living and loving life.  I don’t know what I was doing, but I wasn’t thinking about that.

We stayed at James and Casey’s house on Friday night.  We were returning Ekko and picking up Pawz and Indie.  We were also able to celebrate Danielle’s 31st birthday.  She changed her mind about having a quiet dinner with Rob after he came back from a trip to Cape Canaveral.  We were fine with that.  We wanted her to have the best, or at least better, birthday this year, so we were very mellow.  We had decided we weren’t going to do the special dinner, but we still had Ekko to return.  We told Danielle, so she agreed to meet us at the Boxing Bear with everyone else instead.  

B made a cake, and we had a bit of fun.  Kyle, Mel, Matt, Becca, and Benny also came.  Her birthday last year was a sad disaster, so this year’s was a bit better.  

I say it was better mostly because of Rob, though.  He has been a light in her life.  She needed someone steady, and she has that now.  He is the one listening to her trials and frustrations, and that is what she needs.  Oh, and they like each other very much, too.  I like him very much.

Rowan is doing great.  He is nearly 17 months old now.  He wanted to come to me more this past weekend, and it was so satisfying.  When he was here for summer camp, he mostly wanted to be with Belinda (can’t blame him).  Danielle captured a moment at dinner with Rowan and me having fun together.  He has an incredible disposition and smile.  He is a beautiful, adorable, little human being.  

My Star Wars trading card project is going well.  I had my Dave Prowse card, the one I mentioned before, encapsulated and authenticated.  It truly was David Prowse’s signature, but I knew it all along.  I bought it at Infinity Comics back in the nineties.  I can't see them ripping me off.  Now, others will believe it, too.  It scored a 6.5 for the card itself and an 8.0 for the signature.  I am very relieved now knowing it’s protected.

I also traded in some of my collection from our crawlspace and paid the rest with our credit card to gain a quality addition to my collection.  It’s a Darth Vader rookie card #7 signed by Hayden Christensen and also already graded by Beckett.  It received a 6.5, too, but the autograph got a 10!  It pairs so neatly with my original Dave Prowse card, also graded by Beckett.

This is big!  I now have two graded cards, and each one is signed by one of the gentlemen who played Darth Vader.  That’s cool.    

In other news, I had my work hours cut in half.  One of my clients went on vacation with his wife for a month.  He won’t go back until September 15th.  Since I work with him two days each week, I have more time for projects at home, of which there are many.  Let me list them here: two photo projects (real and digital), clean and wax the vehicles, yard clean-up, eBay listings, trainings for work, garage clean-up and remodeling, trip planning, and more.  At least the lawn is in order and growing more and more every day.

No comments: