Friday, July 27, 2012

My Best Round Ever-Trivial Details Intermission

     For this round, I wore my light blue seersucker shirt (saved from the Goodwill bag after not selling at our garage sale) and blue jean shorts; I forgot to wear a belt, so I was pulling up my shorts constantly.  I was going to walk, but I assumed I would be the only one, so I used the $10.00 we got for our selling our old iMac to one of James’s co-workers and chose to ride.  As it turned out, Ben chose to walk that day instead of riding, so he and I could have walked together.  Given a choice, I still prefer to walk (less expensive and better exercise), but if I were to somehow see the future and know I was going to shoot a 74 every time I rode in a cart, hello cart riding. 
    I ate the other half of my Italian BMT from Subway when we were teeing off on hole #7.  Cameron said it smelled like pizza, but that was because of all the black olives.  I also brought some plain almonds for a snack that I ate near the end of the round.
    Sadly, as well as I was playing, it was the opposite for Chris.  He almost left on hole #5, but he changed his mind.  He later told me he wanted to see how my round was going to turn out, so that was why he stuck around.  I’m glad he did.  He almost left again on hole #17, but I talked him into staying one last time (we were almost done).  Thanks for hanging around, Saxon.  I will gladly suffer through a miserable round for you if you are playing well.  It’s your turn to go low.  He did text me the next day to say he redeemed himself; he shot a 44, 43 for an 87.  That’s more like it. 

On to the back nine...

No comments: