Monday, November 25, 2013

A Great, Fun Match with Bruce

On to golf...

Also written on 11-13-13.

    Bruce and I had a really fun, competitive match on the first Sunday of this month.  I had not played since the Club Championship, so I requested Escalating Skins.  Maybe I could win a few holes, I thought. 
    I messed up the score again, though, so I am writing this to set the record straight in my head, and because it was so enjoyable, too.  This is the hole by hole account...

Hole #1-I won the bonus and the hole.  I had a long drive, and I managed a par.  Bruce got a bogey.  Pat-20K to Bruce-0K

Hole #2-Bruce won the bonus and the hole this time.  I was in the ditch, and I putted poorly for a triple.  He was above the hole and on the green, but he missed his par and got a bogey, but he still won.  Pat-20K to Bruce-40K 

Hole #3-Bruce got a par.  I got a bogey.  Pat-20K to Bruce-70K

Hole #4-We rushed to play through a twosome, and we both earned double bogeys.  The score remained the same.

Hole #5-Despite a bad tee shot that looked lost forever, I managed a bogey.  Bruce helped me find my ball in the leaves just past the ditch.  I had a good look at a par, but I missed the putt.  Bruce got the bonus and the win with a fairway tee shot and a par.  Pat-20K still, Bruce-180K

Hole #6-I was on the green in regulation, and I used only two putts for a par.  Bruce faltered a bit and got a double.  Pat 130K, Bruce 180K.  I was doing my best to make it interesting.

Hole #7-I managed another par with a long drive that went way left, an approach that put my ball just left of the green in two shots, a pitch and two putts.  Bruce got another double.  It was getting interesting; I took the lead...barely.  Pat 200K, Bruce 180K


To be continued in the next post...

No comments: