Friday, August 19, 2022

We Get Covid!

Written on 7-13-22.

        I am at Farmington Lake, and the twins are paddle-boarding with Misty and Kody.  It took some convincing to get Kody up on the paddle board, but eventually he climbed aboard.  I am sitting and watching from our GMC.

I see that we planned to go to Lakewood for the Fixx Concert the last time I wrote.  Well, we did, and it was wonderful.  We had plenty of time to visit with Mom and Dad, and the concert was excellent.  Those guys sound so good.  Guy and I played nine holes at Foothills Golf Course on Monday, too.  It was fabulous!

The bummer part is that B got...

Covid while we were there (after avoided it for two and a half years).  She felt a tingly sensation in her throat on the way home on Tuesday, and she tested positive on Thursday.  I tested positive on Saturday, and after many miserable, heartbreaking conversations, we chose not to go to Erica and Tim’s wedding.  We felt awful, both emotionally and physically, but it was the right decision.  Of course, we chose not to play in the Firecracker Tournament as well.

Now, I have had Covid for a dozen days, and B for 16.  It’s not been too bad, but we are sick of being quarantined already.  A and B have paddle boarded a few times, including today, and I have gone on walks with Kody.  Yesterday, we went out for dinner at Spare Rib BBQ, and we parked near the soccer fields there to eat and hang out.  That was fun, but we both have a general malaise that refuses to go away, and we don’t want other people to feel this way.  So, we continue to stay away.


Written on 7-17-22.


I am watching The Open on a Sunday morning.  It’s a super stressful finish coming up.  Rory was leading at 18 under, but Cameron Smith took the lead after making five birdies in a row on the first five holes of the back nine.  It’s fun to watch.

I hope to go play Wednesday morning at Hillcrest.  C.J. and Hart invited Bruce and me, and I said yes.  Bruce opted out.  That will be the first time I have played since contracting Covid.  I could have played this morning at 7:00, but I said no.  Grant invited Eric and me to join, because his regular partners dogged him.  Maybe the wanted to watch The Open.   

I feel better, but still not quite right.  Amanda said she noticed a “cloud” feeling that doesn’t go away with Covid, and I agree.  Then B tested negative yesterday.   Then A did, too.  This morning, B tested again and got another negative result, so she is going to visit her mom for their church time.

I have been amazingly congested the past two days, but it could have been allergies.  I took Claritin and DayQuil, and they helped relieve the pressure in my head.  I tested positive yesterday, but we decided to host the murder mystery dinner tonight with the Moores and the Edgertons anyway.  I look forward to that.

No comments: