Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day Two-Part 3 or No More Adam

10-26-10
   That’s enough about Adam.  It’s colorful stuff, but it was frightening and a little distasteful.  I worry about him reading this blog, throwing his sand wedge and making it land in my head.  He said he was a bail bondsman on hole #4’s teeing ground.  Thankfully, he is not a bounty hunter, but it’s still a little intimidating.
   Was I affected by all of this?

  I did my best not to be, but once again my front nine was a struggle (and I think part of that was due to Adam’s behavior), and I struggled through the first seven holes trying to get a par.  Two pars finally came on holes #8 and #9.  On #8, I did it the proper way by hitting the fairway and the green in regulation.  On #9, I did it the hard way.  I had a bad tee shot that ended up short and right.  I was near a tree, and I had to ask C.J.’s group to please move out of the way in order for me to cut the corner.  My 6-iron helped my ball get past the out of bounds, but I still had to go over the trees and my ball was on a pile little dirt plugs.  I took relief to the right, but my ball was still on some hard dirt.  I made my best swing on the front nine from there, putting my ball back in my stance and smacking the back of my ball with my pitching wedge.  It sailed over the tree and landed on the green close enough for a guaranteed double-putt. 
   On hole #11, Terry and I teed off alone.  I earned a par on #10, almost driving the green, but missing on the left side, my ball ending up in the rough. I made a great pitch to get on the green, though, and I finished with two putts.  On #11, I missed the fairway left, left my approach short and right, but made a fantastic putt from off the green on the front right side to get my ball within a few feet of the hole that was on the front on the far left side.
   I struggled to a double on hole #12, missing a putt from about four feet for a bogey, but I recovered nicely on #13 by almost driving the green again, missing on the right side, but getting up and in with a pitch, a good bounce, and a short putt.  It was my second birdie for this tournament, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Hidden Valley-Hole #13-Birdie #23 of 2010

   I used my driver off the tee box.  I have been aiming to the right side of the green each time hoping for a draw, but I should really start aiming at the green the way I’ve been hitting it there.  My ball went right where I was aiming, to the right side of the green.  It landed with a clear shot at the hole, thirty to forty feet away.  My pitch was part skill and part luck.  It landed at the bottom of the hill on the right side of the green, kicked hard to the left, rolled, and then stopped just below the hole (just two feet away).  I made that putt for a nice three.  I was on my way to another great score on the back with two pars, one double, and one birdie in the first four holes.

No comments: