Sunday, November 28, 2010

Off to Orlando!

11-17-10
   I am on my way to Denver on a Frontier flight.  I will connect from there and go on to Orlando, FL for the first time in my life.  The flights are free (free to me anyway), the food is free, and the hotel is also all taken care of.  Thank you, Bisti Writing Project.  I am staying at Disney’s Caribbean Resort.  I am representing the BWP as the new TL (Tech Liaison).  Yesterday I told my class I would be gone for the next three days.  Their mouths were open.  They were not smiling.  I told them to be nice to the subs, Mrs. (last name) and Mrs. (other last name), and they will be nice to you.    
   This will be my first time in Disney World!  I am going to be a “conventioneer.”  My plan is to play golf at least once while I am there, at least nine holes.  I will have to rent clubs, not something I really like to do, but it will be worth it.
   I also have work to do.  I have several conferences/workshops to attend, and my goal is to get new ideas and bring them back, ideas for the new web site I will help build, ideas for the spring writing and technology class I will be helping teach this coming spring. 
   Enough of that.  On to golf…
*See next post for the golf portion.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I think that Mickey owes you a round of golf after he tried to poison you on that trip. Bummmer on missing out on the round. I hope another BWP trip will get you closer to an even -better- golf course....