Thursday, December 2, 2010

End of Round and Season Summary

I was now ahead of Bruce 17 to 11.  C.J. was at 10.  On the next tee, they both decided to continue the game because they had a chance to catch me, a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.  I hung on for the win, though, even with a super final birdie by Bruce on hole #11.  He hit the green on the top of the hill.  The hole was on the backside this time.  He made one of the most unbelievably tough putts I have ever seen him make.  He had to get it going down the hill, but not too fast.  It could have gone off the green if he had overdone it.  I was so impressed I walked right over to him to give him a high five. 
   I went bogey, par on the final two holes, assuring that little damage was done.  The final score for our final round ended up being Pat-21, Bruce-17, and C.J. stayed at 10.  Our stroke play scores were 42, 45, and 46 respectively.
   When we were all done, we shook hands like we always do, and Bruce told me...
, “Great season.”  He was the one who had the great season, though.  Actually, C.J. had a great season, too.  Okay, we all did, but Bruce could have been the Club Champ!  He only had one bad hole.  I was proud of him for playing, and we talked about that, too.  You never know what you’re going to get when you play in a tournament.  Andy is a great example of that!  Whoever you end up with, though, and no matter how your playing partners behave, you have to rise above it.  Bruce said he had a conflict of interest, so to speak, on the first day since he knew one of the players as a parent from school.  He said the second day was much better when he got to play with Bob Pollack and another really decent guy and player.  Don’t remember who the other guy was, but once again, I am proud he got out there.  He is in incredible golfer.  He should be out there.
   Well, that’s about it from the golf world of Patrick Swope for right now.  I am caught up with all rounds.  I have not played since that round.  I will read up to see if there is anything else I need to catch up on.

No comments: