Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We're Not in Aztec Anymore

12-20-10
   I am on the bed in room #1672 on the Mariner of the Seas.  Room service is on its way.  We ordered some hot chocolate for Belinda and me, cheese pizza for James, and a chicken dish for Danielle.  Oh, and some chocolate chip cookies for all of us. 
   Cruising is great.  It’s surreal.  I went rock wall climbing today, and I barely made it to be able to ring that bell.  Eric did not make it the first time, so I had to make it on my first try.  His advice was to keep on going, so I did.  The hardest part was the last ten feet.  It angled back above my head, and it was hard to get a foothold.  The guy holding my rope supported my weight (was that cheating?) while I readjusted, and got it figured out, and then I pushed up and rang that bell.
   We played in a volleyball tournament today, also.  In order to play, our team had to have members that were 18 or older, so we quickly gathered together Eric, Amanda, Curt, Bev, Daryl, Belinda and me.  We took 2nd place and we were given some nice medals, pretty fancy silver medals actually.  They are the insignia of the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but they look like they are in the shape of the Transformers symbol.  Either way, they are still special looking to me. 
   It’s great to have all the teenagers here.  We have Kyle, Becca, Erica, Emily, James, and Danielle.  This ship is made for teenagers.  They are having a fantastic time.  The activities (swimming, volleyball, ping-pong, the arcade, and many more still to come) along with all of the unlimited food at the Windjammer are making it all worthwhile for them.
   Okay, Belinda and I just had hot chocolate out on our patio while watching the moon through the translucent clouds.  The moon’s silvery reflections reached all the way out to the boat directly below our patio.  I realize this would happen no matter what patio we were on, but it makes it more romantic to say the reflections were directed right at us. 
   Tomorrow, it’s Cabo San Lucas and a sun and snorkeling excursion with the Edgertons.  Tonight, it’s a ventriloquist show.  I am tired.  I worked out this morning, and it was a pretty good one.  Until next time…

No comments: