Monday, April 25, 2011

A Series of Quick Updates

Let’s see.  Lots to write about again.  First, we were perfect at Moab; we lost every game.  We were, however, possibly the most popular team there the entire weekend.  No way to really measure that effectively, but we did have many people pulling for us.  It might have been because they would have gotten to play against us if we won, but I think they liked our spirit.  No other team got as excited as we did about a block, a long rally, or any good play.  After one fun rally, I chose to call a time out because we were so excited and laughing and winded.  It was great fun!  I am used to winning, but I also know that we all have to start somewhere.  That’s another reason I think we were so well liked.  People saw how young and raw we were, and it might have reminded them of how they were when they started playing. 
    In other news, Tom, head pro Tom at Hidden Valley here, has asked me to proofread his book about working with golf prodigies.  I started tonight.  It’s good, but it does need some editing.  I had higher hopes of starting this past Easter weekend, but we were busy and then we were busy relaxing and enjoying the holiday weekend.
    On Thursday last week, I played match play against one of the high school players, and then it turned into a match against two of them.  I prevailed, but they had a nice charge there at the end and almost got me. 
    Speaking of the golf team, I had one pang of regret on one afternoon that I could tell about.  It went away as quickly as it came, though. 
    I have not heard from D.K. yet.  I plan to e-mail her soon to hopefully give me an idea as soon as possible.  With May coming up, I am going to be extremely busy.  The more time I have to write and research, the better.

No comments: