Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Better Brain = Nesting

6-26-12
   
    It’s just two days until my other/new "birthday."  Hard to believe, but last year at this time we were getting ready for my craniotomy.  I signed my will the night before.  I saw my priest, my doctor, and my lawyer all on the same day.  Wow, what a difference a year makes. 
    This year, in contrast, we have been busy getting ready for a huge garage sale this coming Saturday.  I’m proud of myself because...
I plan to sell all of my Thomas golf clubs, two older drivers, my very first putter from my starter set, and I also just threw away all of my old scorecards.  I had been keeping those in my bedside table, but they were beginning to jam the drawers when I opened or shut them.  I don’t know why I kept them at all since I record golf events in this journal, and I also enter my scores on g.h.i.n.  I did, however, still keep my best nine hole scorecard, my two over 37 from the day I played with Joe and Laura years ago.
    We are nesting.  We are going through everything.  We cleaned out our computer room closet first.  Then it was the garage.  After that, we painted the garage floor with an epoxy type paint similar to a paint we used when we first had the house built over twelve years ago.  Painting the floor in there made the walls look awful, so we painted those, too, but not the entire surface.  I had the paint matched at Lowe’s, so it was easy to just paint over the scuff marks and dirt wherever we saw it.  It took only one gallon to do that, and our garage looks brand new again except for a few minor holes.
    I cleaned out my clothes closet yesterday.  Belinda had already cleaned hers when I took that workshop on the common core standards in math.  Today, I wiped out all the info on our original iMac and our PowerBook G4.  I saw my Golf Diary Part 3 on the original iMac, but I had no problem deleting it since it is backed up all the way to this new MacBook Pro.  We hope to sell those two old computers at our garage sale, too. 
    Tomorrow will be similar to today.  I will go to open gym, and when I return home I will do the next project to get ready for this Saturday.  I am going to go through my Star Wars stuff in our crawl space.  I’ll just pick out things I don’t want to be put out for sale.  I missed playing golf with Bruce and C.J. today because of open gym.  It’s frustrating.  Right now I am playing more volleyball than golf.  I’d rather play golf, but volleyball takes priority because of family and, of course, my coaching volleyball again this upcoming season. 
    Speaking of volleyball, Danielle and I did really well in the King of the Mountain volleyball tournament in Vail this past weekend.  We took 2nd place overall in the father-daughter tournament on, appropriately, Father’s Day.  Thanks, Danielle for a great and different Father’s Day gift.  James, thank you for pitching in for the new golf clubs.  They look and play great, and they helped me shoot a five over 42 on the front nine, and I was able to beat Bruce recently in a match play thing I crashed for six holes the other day, too.  It makes selling those older golf clubs even easier.  

No comments: