Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Gifts

6-12-12

    We are on our way to Lakewood.  It’s just Belinda and me, and we just left Johnson Village.  James and Danielle are staying behind.  James has work, and Danielle has volleyball.  They are going to meet us in Vail on Friday for the big King of the Mountain volleyball tournament.
    This is the first time they have been left at home alone like this.  They are 18 and 16, though.  Should be fine.  It’ll be good.  We don’t expect any problems.  James will be busy with work mostly.  Danielle will be...well she’ll probably love a break from her nagging parents for a couple of days. 
    Father’s Day is coming up this Sunday.  I already received my gift, and I love it.  I get...
to be alive and well on Father’s Day this summer.  We won’t be dealing with brain tumor removal surgery recovery this time around.  I am healthy enough to play in a doubles tournament with my daughter that day.  I am looking forward to playing with her again now that I am healthy and she is not only older, but better.  And it’s really not my brain I am worried about so much for that day, but the body.  I’ll be rooting for my knees and my back that day just as much I will be rooting for our team.
    I also got the rest of my Wishon irons for Father’s Day, the 5, 6, 7, and 8-irons.  I now have a complete set, and I could not be happier about that either.  Belinda organized it all by calling Don and having them made before we left for this trip.  I got to play with them this past Sunday for the first time, and I shot a 42 on the front nine, just 5 over again.  I like 5 over, but I would love to be 5 under instead.  Chris joined me, and he shot a 48, adjusted to a 47 because of an adventure he took on hole #9.
    We will be helping Mom and Dad clean out/organize Grandma’s stuff that has been in a storage shed since Grandma moved into the Parrish Care Center years ago.  It’s time.  This was Belinda’s idea and what a great idea it is.  We have time and energy to give, and I know they will appreciate the push to get this done and get out from under those monthly payments.  They might even make some money back by selling some stuff.

No comments: