Saturday, February 28, 2015

Data Recovered. Now What?

Written on 2-27-15
   
    Belinda just got on the treadmill.  Wow!  It’s late for her to be working out, around 6:13.  I am so impressed and proud.  We are starting a new 12 week BFL/workout cycle, so this is the first week we have stopped eating like idiots throughout the week and have worked out each day, too.  For me, it was Lent that got me going again.  That and the fact that since we are heading towards retirement, we are setting the stage for our new life.
    In other news, we received our recovered data from the soaked laptop in the mail yesterday on a 500 GB external hard drive.  I copied the folder that had all of our old data from that drive over to this new laptop, and now I’m stuck.  What do I do now?  I really should go through all of it and throw away what is not important or useful anymore.  What do I do after that, though?  How should I back
up our important stuff from here on out to ensure that nothing like that ever happens again?  I really don’t want to pay for extra iCloud storage.  I also don’t want to think or worry about our information being backed up either.  So, I want it to be free and automatic.       There has to be a way.  Going through all that old stuff will take hours and hours and hours.  If I wasn’t teaching, I would do it this weekend, but I have hours and hours and hours of work to do for school this weekend, especially because we are between months.  In my classroom, that means moving the desks, changing calendars, and putting out new books.  It also means getting ready for report card assessments, and I always have my lesson plans and my newsletter to complete.  A teacher’s work is never done.  Although this year, Belinda’s and my teacher work really will be done.  Whoa!

No comments: