Friday, February 27, 2015

We Stay Home and New HV Membership Fees

2-27-15   

    Belinda and I are home on a Friday night.  The plan was to leave for Las Cruces right after school today, but with major snowstorms statewide, we chose to stay safely at home.  We are sad, of course, because we won’t get to see our children, but we are thinking we will go next weekend instead.  The Edgertons are going next weekend, so we can have all eight of us together again, and that will be fun! 
    We always joke that our bedtime on a Friday is around 8:40, especially after a week at school.  Today was a snowy day, and despite over 100 school closings or delays across the state of New Mexico, we still had school in li’l ol’ Aztec.  Actually, it was a beautiful day and not so bad at school at all.  I think I might stay up until 9:00 (wink, wink).  I felt a real sense of joy and peace giving the spelling practice we did today while looking out our southern-facing window.  The trees were dusted/coated with snow, and the numerous flakes that were coming down were like tiny white feathers.  Gorgeous.
    In golf news, I spoke with Josh, city manager here in Aztec, yesterday after school.  He was at the golf course.  The phone number has remained the same with this takeover.  He had just played nine holes, and he said he was seven under.  I said, “Seven under?”
    He said it again, so I repeated my question, and then he realized what he was saying.  I told him he should be playing professional golf if he was seven under.  He really was seven over.  Anyway, I asked about memberships, and I was thrilled to discover that I will get a government employee discount.  I will only need to pay $250 for my membership!  That is a fantastic deal, and it’s less than half of what I was paying before. 
    Not everyone is as thrilled about it as I am, though.  C.J. is miffed, and I can’t blame him.  Josh justifies it by saying that other golf courses offer similar discounts to entice people to play, and it is true that recreational golf is in a steady decline.

No comments: