Friday, February 19, 2016

Moab Valentine's Day Sarcasm and Whining

Written on 2-14-16.

    Happy Valentine’s Day 2016!  I am in a Mariott Hotel in Moab, Utah.  It’s not our hotel room, but the Edgerton’s.  Belinda and I checked out of our Hampton Inn to come here where they extended their checkout time to 1:00.  Eric is out riding his bike toward Arches National Park, and the girls just left to go for a walk in the brisk, overcast weather.  I would be playing golf today, but the Moab course is closed due to the snow (and maybe Valentine’s Day too) just like our home course. 
    Oh, what a bummer!  Now, I have to sit and write in peace instead.  And to top it off, I have to endure a miserable view out their window with snow frosted mountains and gorgeous red rocks.  Life is hard, but I can take it.   
    Eric, Amanda, Belinda, and I decided to get away this three-day weekend, and what a wonderful treat it has been so far.  Yesterday, we puttered around through Canyonlands, stopping a few times to walk a trail…or go to the bathroom.  Must be getting older.  Later, it was dinner at the Moab Brewery where we enjoyed some draft beers (all except B) and had some delicious food.  I had a patty melt with some onion rings, and I couldn’t even finish the sandwich. 
    I digress.  Who cares what we drank or ate?  I am getting frustrated with people sharing every last detail of their lives, so why am I doing it?  More important things abound, but this is the trend I see right now when I go on Facebook.  I read stuff on there that makes me think, “Well, that’s nice, but who cares?  Is that something really worth sharing?”

No comments: