Saturday, July 23, 2016

Beyond Where I Normally Write

Written on 7-22-16.

     This is new.  Writers write wherever and whenever, right?  I am in the parking lot at the Allen 8 Movie Theaters, waiting to see Star Trek Beyond…alone.  I just donated blood, and I was nearby, so I thought, “Why not?”
     Belinda and I had tentatively planned to go to the Bloomfield Swimming Pool to see the Hatch family between 5:00 and 7:00, almost the entire Hatch family since many of the children are home with their children for a family reunion and they rented the entire pool for themselves.  I figured we could meet up with later at their new restaurant H. Dawgs instead.  Marc and Echo will be performing at that time, too, so that will be a real treat.
     I have two new birdies and an eagle to report, so I want to get those recorded before I go into the theater.  They all came in one round when I played with Bruce.  C.J. has had a surgery, so he will be out of commission for a while.  It’s been a week, but it could be as much as two more.  
     Bruce and I chose to play the escalating skins game with escalating bonuses.  It was a blast!  What a fun match!  I mistakenly thought that the bonuses would not carry over, but Bruce thought they should.  After I hit the fairway on #14, though, he was fine with bonuses not carrying over.  
     I don’t have time to get the details in here, but here’s a quick summary of each one for later.

-Hole #1-Driver from the blues (yes, the blues) to the left side rough, utility club to the right front side of the green, and a putt that rolled above the hole and past it to about a foot.

-Hole #14-Eagle!  Driver up the left side, utility club to just short of the green, and a SW chip that worked out just the way I pictured it to the sweet hole location down in the bowl.

Hole #18-Driver to #18’s fairway, 6-iron over the trees on the right side and onto the green, and a tough downhill putt that went a bit too far, but a confident uphill putt back up to the hole.  


     That’s it for now.  Heading into the theater!

No comments: