Monday, June 8, 2020

Eric's Back!

Written on 5-16-2020.

It’s a sleepy Saturday afternoon at the Swope house.  B and I got our one task done for the day, installing our new screen door in front of our French doors, and it looks and feels fabulous.  Amanda came over to check it out, and she responded in the best way.  She wonders why we didn’t we do this years ago?  It brings the outdoors in, and it really helps move the air for better ventilation.  It has a real quality feel to it, and it snaps solidly in the middle.  Why didn’t we do this earlier?  Probably money.  Glad we have it now.
B and I tried out the new FATMan Approved Restaurant for lunch today.  Just supporting local during this whole shutdown thing.  I played my Lumosity App again today, of course (doing my best to keep my streak going), and it said when I was finished that I have now played 66 days in a row.  I add two days to that number, like I have said before, and that gives us 68 days since this all began.  It probably will be another 68 days, too.  Although businesses all around the United States are beginning to reopen with restrictions and rules.  Will there be a second wave after that?  Only God knows.

On to golf…

I didn’t write the other day who won between Eric and me.  It was close.  He let me choose the game, so I chose stroke play.  I thought he should get six strokes, so I gave him pops on the three most difficult holes on the front and the back.  That turned out to be the right number, because he beat me by one stroke.  He shot a 104 to my 99, so he won this round.  
If we had chosen the most long drives, he would have won that, too.  He outdrove me on #13, #14, and #18, and those are the ones that really stood out.  It’s possible there were more.  He drove it really well that day, and my drives were decent.
We had another little game we were playing, but we were working together on that one.  I guessed we could shoot a best ball score of 89.  We didn’t meet that goal, though.  We shot a 93.  We just weren’t as sharp as I thought we would be.
I am going to call Hillcrest again tomorrow to set up another tee time for next week.  Maybe this time, we will shoot a better score.  I also plan on watching an event with Dustin, Rory, Rickie, and some other guy tomorrow.  It’s a fundraiser for Covid-19.  I’ll write again while that’s going on.

Until tomorrow…

No comments: