Friday, May 19, 2023

16th Excerpt From My Original Golf Diary-Part 2

Written on 3-24-03.

Guy, AM, and I played at Herndon yesterday.  I enjoyed it very much and was pleased with my play.  I shot a 45 on the front, which included two pars on #7 and #9, a par three and a short par four.  I shot 46 on the back, with two pars on #12 and #17, a par four and a par five.

The addition to my routine helped tremendously.  Thinking “time to focus” before every shot is not only a good trigger to start my routine every time, something I never really had before, but it also helps quiet my mind, focus on a small target, and really do what I say-Focus!  The part where I was supposed to think “time to relax” really didn’t work.  I usually was too caught up with where my ball was going to remember to think of that.  It did help me, though, in between shots.  I would just remind myself sometimes to just relax and not focus so much when I wasn’t addressing a ball.

I have a goal that I have been trying with every round that I have not been able to achieve yet, but I will continue to set it until I can do it consistently.  It is simply to hit every green in regulation or one over, and to double-putt every green.  I did much better on the green in regulation goal on this round.


There.  I am all caught up with what I wrote in my journal while I was gone.  Of course, I still have more to say, so before I go I want to write what I want to write about next time.  First, I want to talk about all of my rounds when I was in Virginia and the driving range we went to.  Also, I want to write that I remembered the names of the guys we played with where we played.  Steve was at Herndon, and Don was at Pine Crest.  At Algonkian, Guy and I actually got to play alone.  

        I also want to write about all the good holes that I played including a 215-yard par three.  I came up with something profound to say when playing with Guy at Algonkian about targets.  Then I want to talk about the “impact bag” swing thought, and how it was very successful for me.  I can’t think of anything else, so until next time…

No comments: