Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hidden Valley Club Championship

10-3-10
The Hidden Valley Club Championship is over. The last drive was taken by Terry (last name). The last putt was a birdie putt made by Paul (last name). He won the play-off for lowest net score. My last putt was on #18. I made a putt for bogey there. I played the best I’ve ever played, and yet, I feel I also played terribly. Does that even make any sense? I was very consistent, but I was also very inconsistent. I shot a 45, 39 for an 84 on Saturday and a 45, 41 for an 86 today.
These are the highlights: Bruce and C.J. played, both for the first time ever, and Bruce won 2nd place with his gross score in the Championship Flight, and that included an 8 on hole #12 on the first day. If he had earned just a bogey on that hole, he could have been the club champ.
Second, I had two birdies, one on hole #6 on the first day and one on hole #13 today.
Third, one of the guys I played with today had a 13 on the first hole, threw his wedge and had it sticking out of the green there, and then ended up leaving in disgust on hole #10.
Fourth, I met a new neighbor who lives here in Kokopelli, a widower who lives in a house we’ve driven by numerous times. His name is Terry. Very nice man.
I will fill in the details later. I kept my own scorecards, and I have $40 to spend in the pro shop! So does Bruce. I am thrilled. It was a good weekend for me for golf.

No comments: