Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cutting from One Post to Make Another

I cut this excerpt from my last post in order to get five posts for the month of May.  Since this is the last day of May, I wanted it to say five before it was too late.  Silly, I know, but May was a very hectic month with the end of school, planning for the BWP summer institute, and other stuff.

The Bisti Writing Project summer institute that I will be the co-director of this time around begins this Thursday.  I am so excited to be a bigger part of it!  Last year, I was a tech helper, but this time, I will play a bigger role! 
    I am also hoping that it will help me get into a routine of working out and eating better again, especially for golf.  The plan is to get up and work out every morning before I go.  After the institute, it would be great if two times/week I could go practice some short game or go to the range at Pinon Hills.
    If I want to break 80 this season, I must play better!
    Everyone has left the cabin now except Char, Belinda, Amanda and me.  That’s a combo we have never had here before.  I think Dale had a great birthday.  Last night we had steak, potatoes, salad, and Dale had a gin and tonic (or two or three) with Eric and Anna and Char. 
    The girls and I just got back from an hour long walk through Ground Hog Vista.  It was a nice walk with cool breezes and conversations about teaching and students who misbehave.  Char, although not a teacher, does a fine job with all this teacher talk.  The twins have now washed their hair and they both feel like new women because of it. 
    We have a fire going.  I am writing and the girls are chatting by the fire.  I just texted James and Danielle to see where they are at and what they are doing.  James is the first to reply so far.
    It’s almost 9:00.  I am tired after our walk, and I am having a beer.  It’s making me even more sleepy.  I should proofread Tom’s book some more, but I feel like veggin‘ out and watching a movie.  I might do that instead.  Not in the mood to work or even write right now.

Until next time...

No comments: