Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let the Summer Institute Begin!

6-4-11
    We have completed days 1 and 2 for this year’s Bisti Summer Institute (or SI for short), and we are off to a great start!  We have a super group, a small group (7 women), but a super group, and I look forward to their writings and their progress and discoveries about how they see themselves as writers as we go along.
    Yesterday, we completed the downtown Farmington writing marathon day.  When I participated in my SI in ’07, that was my favorite day.  Oh, we get to say we are writers even if we don’t think we are?  We get to just walk around in downtown Farmington and write about whatever we see?  Cool!  Fun!  And it was cool and fun when we did it this time, too.  It was even better than the first time because I had a better idea of what we were supposed to be doing.
    Surprisingly, the place that got the best writing out of me (in my opinion), was the Spa and Salon.  In 2007, I wrote a poem about a little boy I saw there, and it was the poem that was published in that year’s anthology.

No comments: