Friday, June 24, 2011

Unexpected Post

    I did not expect to be writing something like this, and it really makes me sad to do it, but something has come up.  I have a brain tumor (not malignant!), a pretty big one on the right side of my brain.  After a final meeting with the surgeon yesterday (surgery is set for Friday, July 1st, but might be Wednesday), he recommended I not play golf, but I was thinking about it.  It would be too strenous, especially in the dry heat we are having in this area right now.
    So, this blog is shutting down for a while.  Don't know how long.  When I read other blogs here, I always check the date first.  If it is not recent, I usually don't want to read it.  For more recent news about my surgery and condition, I have set up a blog at caringbridge.org.  Just search for my name there: patrickswope.  Or just click this link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/patrickswope.  My plan is to be back and playing golf and writing about my post surgery golf game as soon as possible.   Thank you for reading!

Until next time...

No comments: