Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Normality-Our Stableford Game

     As I already mentioned, we (Bruce and I) played again on Saturday, a full eighteen holes this time.  I felt well enough to play eighteen on our first outing, but we chose not to push it.  I had enough energy that day, though, to do an upper body workout when I got home.  I knew I could do eighteen again, and I did.  I was tired when it was all over, and the next day was rough, but I did it.  I did feel tired the next day.  Was it the golf, the full eighteen holes?  Maybe.
    Bruce chose the game this time, and he chose our unique Stableford.  We always make it our own.  Eagles were worth 10, birdies 5, pars 3, bogeys 1, and anything higher -2.  Winning the hole also earned one extra point, and in the event of a tie, the points for winning holes were pushed.
    The final stroke play scores were Bruce: 85, me: 87.  The final game score was Bruce: +34, me: +33.  I rallied on the back (which was really the front nine since we started on the back nine), and Bruce slipped a little, but not enough to allow me the victory.  I had pars on holes #1, #5, #6, and #7 on the front.  On the back (which was our front nine), I had pars only on #1 and #16, the two par three holes.  On #10, I hit the green for the first time ever since it was changed to a par three.
    We played with a guy named Brent.  His score was better than both of ours; he shot an 83.  He had a nice temperament, and he fit right in as if we had played together for years.  He had a very nice swing that started with a consistent routine.  His last nine holes were looking great right up to hole #8 where he got a double.  He shot a 42, 41 for an 83.  Wouldn’t mind if we played with him again.  He knew Pat (last name) somehow.

No comments: