Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Writing To Do List

3-17-12
    
    Happy St. Patrick’s Day.  Happy spring break to us.  I have so many things to write about again, and now I have more time to let them tumble out of my brain, my new and improved brain that is.  Hope the words tumble out well.  I will make a list of ideas, and then just get going.  So, here is my writing to do list...



1. Garylee Zuniga is close to receiving a new heart.  His sister, Krista, my recovery nurse set up a Caring Bridge site for him, and it’s surreal to be on the other side of that site, signing a guestbook instead of composing journal entries.  I am praying for them, and I wish them well. 
2. I have two new birdies to write about, one on hole #1 and one today on hole #17.  My new Nike Mach Speed driver and I are getting along swimmingly, and we both recently have driven two par four greens together!  Those holes were #13 and #17.  On #13, I four-putted for a bogey.  Today, I just happened to putt better and earn another new birdie.
3. James took 4th in his 110 meter hurdle final today.  He took out the second to last hurdle, but he still finished.  He and I are going to go to Long Beach for his senior trip next weekend.  He is attending a convention/trading card contest; I am hoping to play golf.  I don’t care where we are going, though; I am thrilled to have the quality time with him on the journey.  Time is tick, tick, ticking away on his last year here before he attends NMSU next fall.
4. I am considering a submission to Golf Digest.  After this summer’s brain surgery and my “new birthday,” I have a story that might click with their Golf Saved My Life column.
5. I paid to have my ghin updated today.  I have a bunch of scorecards from this winter, so the next time I go to Hidden Valley my plan is to enter them all.  I’ve had some good scores, and some not so good.  I shot a 40 today, matching a 40 from earlier this week.  My new brain is helping me score better.  I could do another scorecard review.  Bruce scored an eagle the last time we played together.  C.J. scored a birdie on the same hole, too.  It was hole #18.  I got a par, so we went 3, 4, 5 on that hole.
6. I put a Wordle on my blog.  It’s interesting which words showed up larger than the others.  The word “hole” seems to be the one that is used the most.  That’s good.  My focus should be on nothing else when I play, right?
7. Guy and I are still set to meet at The Masters on Easter weekend.  He has the tickets for Saturday’s round.  I think about my going there, and my body has a very normal nervous, excited reaction.  My tummy gets a hollow, hungry feeling even if I’m not hungry.  My eyes widen.  I can feel my heart pumping faster.  I smile.  It’s going to be a very special weekend for my brother and me.
8. My dad has been sending me articles from the Sports section of The Wall Street Journal.  I have some thoughts about what those articles say, and I am impressed that dad takes the time to cut them out and send them to me.  So thoughtful.
9. I found a beneficial help aid/secret for my full swing.  It makes sense since I am a visual learner.  I found a YouTube video that shows Payne Stewart swinging over and over again.  If there is one person's swing I want to emulate, it’s Payne Stewart’s.

No comments: