Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Quick Post About the New Cabin Firsts

Written on 4-13-14.

    Well, we are back at the “cabin home” again.  This time we had some friends come up for lunch yesterday.  I just wrote in the new cabin journal for the first time.  I’ve been writing about our trips up here in this journal, so I didn’t see a need to write in there, but this morning I was inspired, and I didn’t want to be left out either.
    It was a weekend of firsts.  That was my theme.  Eric put everything together (pump, pressure tank, lots of PVC pipe, etc.), so we have running water and hot water to boot.  Eric got the deserved privilege of the first shower last night. 
    It was the first time we had small children up here, too.  One of my former third graders came up with two beautiful girls and their mother.  The 5-year old is his, and the 3-year old is not (although you couldn't tell from her perspective), but they were both adorable, well-mannered, and lively.  He and their mother worked well together, and I was impressed with their patience, preparedness, and parenting.
    Eric beat me in Sequence, and I lied in the new cabin journal that it was the first time he had ever beaten me.  Thus, the competition continues.  I look forward to taking him on again.
    Danielle took the ACT for the last time yesterday.  It didn’t take long before she fell asleep on the couch for a brain-recovering nap.

No comments: