Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Here I Am

    Hello, my name is Pat Swope, and I am the blogger of this blog.  Or rather "blah-g."  I have been rather preoccupied with some other things lately, namely the end of this school year, my 24th/25th.  I am now in the middle of my 25th year and could retire in October if I so choose, but I would never do that; that's how I came into teaching, so I would not do that to a class...or a new teacher.  Our daughter, Danielle, also had her high school graduation, so we have had family and friends here for that, and we participated in this year's Project Graduation for her just like we did for James two years ago.  I've been busy, but it feels wonderful to create and write and type again.

On to golf...   

    I played in the Memorial Day Marathon tournament two days ago.  I was going to play with Cameron, but he got an offer to have his entry fee taken care of, so he chose to play with someone else.  He asked if I wanted to play with another guy he knows, so I agreed.  His name is Chris (not his real name), and he’s a younger player with a high handicap. 
    We did not play well enough to place, but I had a fine time, and we had said from the very beginning that we were going in with low and/or no expectations. 
    I earned three birdies on my own during the tournament, so I will relay those here.  Briefly, though, here they are.  I had a birdie on #14 (of course), another on #18, and the third one came amazingly on the oddly substituted green on #11.  #11’s original green is in the process of being redone, but they all should be redone in my opinion. 
    They look diseased with tiny oddly shaped patches of green surrounded by shallow valleys of brown.  Golf balls would bump along, change directions, and do the most unpredictable things.  One of my putts did what I called “the fake arrow through the head” move.  It was heading towards the hole when it curved around it and then straightened out again on the other side.  Sigh.


Until next time...

No comments: