Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy 19th Birthday, My Dear Daughter Danielle

    I have not posted in a while, and this will be brief.  First, though, happy birthday to our daughter Danielle who is away from us for the first time on her birthday.  We did not even have a voice conversation today.  How sad!  I know she is happy, though, and doing well.  She had a celebration with her cousins and her new friends down at NMSU.  That is just one of many insane changes that are taking place in our life right now.  Since it's 9:56 on a school night and this new laptop has only 10% power, I will defer to making a list, one of my great friend Vicki Holmsten's best tips when the writing is not flowing.

1. As I had posted previously, our old laptop got soaked in a rainstorm.  I left it out on the porch after eating breakfast outside.  The diagnosis is "catastrophic failure" for our hard drive.  We are shipping it out to DriveSavers to get a free estimate on a possible rescue.

2. All four children are in college now.  Last weekend when we all drove down to move them in, Danielle topped off losing her luggage with her outfit and other essentials for "moving in" day with losing her wallet on the day we were heading home.  All is well now, but what a start!

3.  I have lost 116 brief descriptions/summaries of birdies and two eagles on my official birdie and eagle count.  I have three birdies to catch up on to keep it all going.  One that did not get written about was an 8-iron on #16 when I played with C.J.  Another happened out in Virginia with Guy on a par five at Reston National.  The last one happened yesterday at Hidden Valley on #6, another 8-iron to five feet.

    What a change from the post two back.  I have gone from only playing golf and writing about it to not playing golf as often and barely having the time to write about it.  Ah, school. 

Until next time...

No comments: