Friday, October 31, 2014

Goodbye, Dear Tom

    Wow!  What a busy month.  I had the Club Championship (fail), and I had the training in Sedona (success).  I was also able to successfully move all of my parent-teacher conferences to this final week of October, the week of our Halloween party and our one community service field trip for this month to the Good Samaritan Center.  I have survived and thrived through most of it. 
    After playing so poorly (the bum knee did not help) in our championship, though, I wanted to get away from golf for a while, and so I did.  Now, I would love to get back out there again.  
     I have heard some sad news from my little golf world recently, however.  Our head pro at Hidden Valley has decided to take a new job in Florida.  I am happy for him, though.  He has more friends and family out there.  I am bummed for Hidden Valley.  Through his leadership and expertise, our little course has flourished and improved.  I know he had some input for the hiring of our new superintendent who has turned the greens from bumpy and unpredictable to smooth and readable.  I have been especially impressed with how well the girls on our golf team did with his coaching, and he was the major impetus for bringing the First Tee to Hidden Valley.  That culminated with the successful invitation of our very own Ray Torres to attend the First Tee Tournament at Pebble Beach recently.  Wow! 
     So, goodbye dear Tom.  I wish you well when you get to Florida, but I know they will appreciate you there as much as we have appreciated you here. 

No comments: