Thursday, October 9, 2014

Who's the New Club Champion?

Written on 10-6-14

    I have about 20 minutes to write before “family chat night” begins.  It’s Sunday night, the Sunday of our Hidden Valley’s Club Championship.  I do not know who the club champ is, but I do know who it is not, and sadly, that is me.
    I didn’t even finish the thing, withdrawing from the tournament this morning with a quick phone call to Tom.  I have tweaked my right knee somehow, so playing another 18 holes could have wrecked it even more.  I have some theories about how it ended up this way, so I will defer to making a list.

Playing volleyball last weekend-I chased down errant passes as the setter, and sometimes I had to get really low to get under the ball.  I also did some jumping and blocking, so that put some strain down there.


Our new car-The new Escape has my knee in a different position for driving than the old Sienna did.  The angle is funny, so my knee feels bunchy when I have to switch from the gas to the brake.  I am sure I can adjust that, though.


My newer swing style-Dana taught me to point my toes out more than I ever have before in order to make a wider turn.  When I load my right leg now, my knee is in a different position, and that is also a strain. 


TRX workouts-With my feet suspended in straps, while lying on my back, with my bottom up in the air, my knees have some pressure on them, especially when I have to bend my knees to move my legs back and forth repeatedly. 

    All of these things contributed, in my opinion.  I hope it heals up as quickly as it came on.  It’s time for chat now.  I will pick this up where I left off after the chat is over.

No comments: