Saturday, November 29, 2014

29th Excerpt From My Original Golf Diary

Written on 12-14-01.

    I was able to play in Phoenix after our interview with the DOD.  I had another first, a rather incredible first at that!  I scored three birdies in one round.  In all my rounds, I have only been able to get one birdie per round, and sometimes none at all.  I was thrilled to get two, but three?!  I was ecstatic!  I am up to eight birdies this year now.  Let me see if I can remember and type them all here quickly.  I know I got one at the long par five #5 at Hidden Valley.  That was one of the first.  I also got one at the very next hole, but on a different date.  I made a long putt playing with Eric.  Then two holes after that one but on a different day, I made a beautiful pitch after a bad drive on that short hole #8 and made that downhill putt.  That’s three.  I also got one at Civitan on hole #3.  I knocked a pitching wedge into a strong wind from about 100 yards out and landed it three feet or less from the hole.  That’s four for sure.  I also count making the birdie putt on hole #18 during the Aztec Football Fundraiser Scramble as one of my birdies, even though I just made the last shot on that one.  It was a long putt from off the fringe with some tournament pressure weighing in on me.  That makes five, and now I just got three more in one round!  I will type in the details later, but they were all on par threes as this was an executive nine that I was playing on.  The only bummer is that there were no witnesses but me, but I know they were all legitimate.  Hey, I am really up to nine this year!  I was just reading some previous entries and I forgot the one when I was playing with Guy, Daryl, and AM up in Lakewood at the Foothills course!  One more and I will have matched last year’s total number.  And it’s only December!  Can’t wait to go out and play some more and hopefully get another one, or two… or three more.

No comments: