Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Belinda! Life is Great!

Written on 11-23-14.

    I look back at my written reflection on the Club Championship, and I think…I’m such a whiner.  As I sit here, though, downstairs up at the cabin home on the first weekend of Thanksgiving break, I have nothing but positive things to think and write about.
    B is taking a nap on one couch, and I am sitting on the medium red futon/couch.  She and I are the only ones down here.  The only other couch down here, the only empty one, is our old dirty white one with the tan stripes.  It has a pullout mattress and a decent chocolaty colored cover on it that we bought years ago from Target for around $200.00 (to cover the dirty white and tan stripes) to keep it from completely embarrassing us before we bought our new living room furniture.  That old thing reminds me once again of...

the cycles we go through.  That couch used to be up at A’s and E’s other cabin for a short time many years ago.  Now, it’s a perfect addition downstairs at this newer cabin home.
    Life is great!  Let me explain.  The children are home for Thanksgiving.  Belinda and I are going to celebrate 24 years of marriage tomorrow.  The “eight” of us are back together again at the cabin home, an exquisite setting for catching up and just being together.  It’s snowing lightly outside while the sun is shining.  I am listening to Alan Parson’s Games People Play on my iPhone.  Belinda just cut my hair again, so that makes a total of $100.00 saved in haircuts so far.  I am meeting with the two high school principals from (city name) this week for a shot at possible future trainings for Time to Teach!  And after the break, I am meeting with my superintendent to plan the trainings for Aztec, too.  Oh, and I am drinking a delicious coffee with my now favorite coffee creamer, salted caramel.  Yum!
    I learned that I had already met the (city) High School principal.  His name is Thomas (not his real name).  Rocky generously gave me his contact information, so that I could call and ask to set up a meeting.  As we spoke, I told him that I was happy to meet him “over the phone,” and that I looked forward to meeting him face to face.  He was fairly certain that we had already met, though.  He asked me if I coached volleyball for Aztec, and I said that I had for the past three years.  He said he recognized me from that, and he had seen me on the court before.  I vaguely remembered seeing him at volleyball matches at his school, too, but I didn’t remember ever being officially introduced.  Then he told me he had bought a set of golf clubs from me at a garage sale. 
    Wow!  Talk about a small world.  I did not remember his face from that day, but I do remember the transaction.  I wrote about it in this journal, too.  He said I had given him a good deal, and I do remember wanting him to have a full set.  Then he made me laugh when he said, “The clubs are working fine.  It’s my game that’s not working.”
    I look forward to visiting with him some more.  We meet at noon tomorrow at the Subway in (city).
    That was fun to take the opportunity to write again, but I am going upstairs now to play a game of some sort with James, one of his games.  I am choosing to love, but I have ulterior motives; I really just want to hang out with my son.

Until next time…

No comments: