Saturday, April 16, 2016

Great News Abounds on Holy Thursday

Written on 3-24-16.

     It’s Holy Thursday, and I am watching the World Golf Championships as they stream on my Chromecast.  C.J. and I played 18 holes earlier today.
     The great news abounds!  I made a new friend, scored five birdies and one eagle, started some new medication that works better for my asthma, earned a training in Las Cruces, shot two very decent scores, and beat my new friend and C.J.  Not that beating someone is a goal, but it helps to show how well I am playing.
     I’m going to briefly summarize the birdies and the eagle to help me get them straight in my head.  Two birdies and the one eagle happened on Monday, the day I met Rob (not his real name), my new friend.
     The other three birdies happened today when I played with C.J. during our...
Reverse Handicap Game.

Birdie #1-I birdied #7 with my driver, my utility club, an AW pitch, and a putt from off the green. This was the first hole since hole #2 that Rob and I did not tie.

Birdie #2-Rob and I tied with our birdie scores on hole #14.  He made a great pitch for his, and I putted my ball close from off the front of the green for mine.

Eagle #1-After Rob left on hole #15, I went par, double bogey, eagle for my last three holes.  For the eagle it was my driver to the right side of the hill where the three trees are on hole #3, an 8-iron that flew over the flag on the right side and a long downhill putt that stopped in the hole.

Birdie #3-I drove my ball just to the left of the green on #13, and then I got up and in with two putts.

Birdie #4-I used my PW to put my ball past the hole on #16.  My putt broke a few feet from right to left and rolled into the hole as it slowed down.

Birdie #5-I drove my ball over to #11 while playing #9.  I took a free drop away from the dirt road that is to the left of the bunker on #11.  Then I used my PW to go for the green in two, but it came up short and on the right side off of the green.  I putted from there to the hole that was over the hill on the left side.  I had to step away from that final putt due to a tiny piece of grass on my putter’s sweet spot, and then I made the putt, putting my ball in the bottom of the hole.  


     I’ll write in the details on those later, but I really want to redo the pricing options for Loma Heights Elementary School right now.  They have increased their number from 30 to 41 and have requested a new quote.  Life is great!

No comments: