Friday, April 21, 2017

"Damndelions"

     Belinda and I started a new 12-week program for getting fit again.  I’m sick of my complacency.  It started with a cold.  Then the asthma returned.  Those are just excuses, though.  I stopped working out for about a month, but I lost weight due to a bit better eating and possible muscle loss?  It was about seven pounds, so I was suspicious about it being muscle loss.  Did I have that much muscle to lose in the first place?  We are only on Day 2, but it feels good knowing we are on a plan for better health.  The exercise isn’t easy, but it’s easier than the eating part.  I am amazed at how mentally weak I can be if I’m not on a “program.”  Going to see James helps with the motivation, too.  Tomorrow, though, I will really be tested when I go on the road again.  You can do it, Pat.  Stay positive out there, kid.
     One more little piece of news.  We had record numbers of dandelions in our yard this month/spring.  Wow!  It got so bad, I had to use my weed popper for about two hours straight this past Saturday.  On Easter Sunday, they came back with a vengeance.  I worked for about the same amount of time yesterday, just two days later.  It was ridiculous and infuriating.  Did I completely waste my time the first time I plucked them all out of the ground?  I gave them a new nickname: “damndelions.”  I checked again today, and sure enough, they are on their way back, just not quite as bad as they were yesterday.  I will win!  I got some weed killer.  I am not happy about this, but I will win.  Damndelions! 

     I’m off to go make a healthy dinner with B now.  When I return, I’ll catch up on the golf, of course.

No comments: