Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Back to the Reverse and New Flooring is Coming

Written on 11-16-17.

     Just had a super conversation with my folks.  Dad called to let me know his blood pressure was recorded higher than it usually is after a routine blood draw, but he didn’t think it was of any real concern.  I was glad he let me know, though.  We also caught up on other things like how Danielle and James are doing, Thanksgiving plans, the work B and I have done on our home recently, Halloween, our upcoming trip to Ojo Caliente, their church registration catch-up, and more.
     I let them know that I had a really difficult day today, because I had to go play 18 holes in wonderful weather.  Life is so rough.  A few times out on the golf course, I thought, I’m loving life right now.
     We had our regular threesome again.  C.J. texted me this morning, and I said I would come, but I didn’t see a reply from Bruce.  When I parked my truck, however, I saw him warming up on the putting green.  The weather really was superb for golf today; it was just over 60 degrees, and it was overcast and a bit hazy.  
     They asked me to choose the game this time, so I chose...
to repeat the one that Bruce chose last time, the Reverse Handicap Game.  Bruce played out of his head and had a super score with his stroke play.  His front nine score was really easy to figure out, because he had eight 4’s and only one 5, which put him at one over.  Then he continued his strong play by getting a 39 on the back for a total of 76.  Sweet scoring, Bruce!  He had three birdies on his round, two on par fives and one on the par three #17.

Written on 11-27-17.

     I am sitting in a very cluttered computer room.  In an hour, I’ll be leaving to go work out with Belinda at TRX, something I haven’t done in years.  I am doing that, because it will be easier than digging out weights in here, and all of this is because we have begun the process of getting our new flooring.  Our living room is filled with boxed laminate and vinyl flooring, and the installers will begin tearing out our tile tomorrow.  Or, they might begin tonight, but it’s getting late.  

     It’s all very exciting!  We haven’t had new flooring in this home since it was first built nearly 20 years ago, so we are due for something new.  Every room, except for this room and the two bathrooms, will get a facelift, and it’s going to transform our home.  We worked very hard to get to this point.  We completely sanded and repainted (with a polyurethane) our baseboards wherever we had carpeting.  The areas with tile had to wait, because those will be removed and repositioned, so we will do those while they are installing the new flooring.  Belinda and I also sanded and redid all of our window sills, and she (extremely tenacious) painted our kitchen and the southern living room wall, too.  Wow!  I am taking before, during, and after pictures of this huge project, and I know some of those will be used for our new New Year’s Prezi this year.

No comments: