Monday, January 15, 2018

Another Year, Another Prezi, Another Journal, Another New Beginning

Written on 1-11-18.

     Hello and Happy New Year!  Welcome to another golf/life journal.  James and Danielle are back in New Zealand and Las Cruces, respectively.  It’s just Belinda and me here at home again, but it was a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas season with everyone.  After reading at church this past Sunday, I could let out a breath of relief.  Up until that point, it had been a blur of projects, work, traveling, activities, get-togethers, and various events.  Typical stuff, mostly, and all fantastic, too, but…non-stop…until Sunday after church.                     
     Belinda and I agreed that it started early on in November when we decided to sand and then paint every baseboard and window sill in our house before the new flooring from Lowe’s came in.  It ended with two Time to Teach trainings and one NES Math Workshop last week on the 2nd, the 4th, and the 6th.  Belinda, too, started back to work last Thursday, and she did a “full” week of work this week that ended today.
     Our New Year’s Prezi is complete, and it has been shared with all of our close family and friends.  Each Prezi is a fantastic summary of the prior year, and I’ve done them for years now.  This past month, we (B, James, Danielle, Jess, and I) sat down for the first time to watch every single one (using the HDMI dongle with our smart TV), including a couple I made for B’s and my anniversaries tossed in.  What a treasure!  It’s a digital history of our lives, broken up into bite-size records of what happened each year, including some writing, multiple pictures, and a few videos sprinkled in.  I enjoy making them, sharing them, and viewing them.  I just watched the most recent one for the umpteenth time.
     This journal is different.  This journal gives glimpses that the Prezis do not.  Through my writing, a more personal and private view of my thoughts is unwrapped.  Sure, it still is mostly about golf, my birdies, and an occasional eagle, but it’s always been more than that.  

     If there’s one thing I would like to try and do differently this year, it’s to give more personal perspectives in this journal.  Sometimes I have thoughts, and I think they would be wonderful to write about, but they just don’t get in here.  This year, I want to get more of those in here, my personal playground for writing about golf…and life.  Here’s to another year of writing and reflection!  Hooray!  So thankful that I’m still able to do it.

No comments: