Saturday, April 14, 2018

444th Post-My Sunday Watching the Masters

Written on 4-8-18.

     It’s a Sunday at the Masters, but Guy and I are not there this year.  That was six years ago now, and with every year that goes by, I long to return.  It’s looking like a different Patrick’s year at the Masters, Patrick Reed’s.  He is leading at 14 under and he and Rory are finishing up the front nine as the final group.  Jordan Spieth just raised his arms above his head in a small victory gesture after safely getting across the water at Amen Corner on hole #12.
     I’ve been selfishly watching the Masters in my living room since it started on Thursday.  What a lazy bum!  I simply go to masters.com, and I watch the featured groups.  Although I am not at the tournament, I am free from the crowds, the cost, and the commercials.  The picture quality, especially with our recent internet upgrade, is crystal clear at times.  
Wow!  Jordan just made his putt from off the green on #12 to take the position at 2nd place all by himself.  Maybe Jordan can work up some more Masters magic this year.
     Daryl and Katie had their beautiful baby...
girl on the final day of March.  Welcome to our family, Adison Jeanne (pronounced Jean) Lambert.  She was born at 4:57 PM, and she weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz., and she was 19 inches long.  I’m certain she is heavier and longer by now.  Cannot wait to meet her in person when I go to Colorado Springs for Daryl’s graduation on May 11th.
     It’s nearly time to renew my golf membership at the golf course.  I also need to do some online thing to remain certified as a Level 2 Golf Coach for The First Tee.  Third, I need to set my schedule for the summer and get those registration forms all set up for this season.  Randy mentioned having a flier this time, and I think that’s a brilliant idea.  I’ll still need to get those dates and prices set before I can put together a flier, though.  Tom mentioned an increase in price this year from $50 to $80.  That’s fine by me.  I have jury duty for the month of June, so that complicates things, but it won’t change how I set up my schedule.  
     Watching the Masters is making me itch to play golf again, and that’s great.  I’ve got new grips, and I’ll soon have a green light to play as much as I want.  I know I play there enough to continue to justify a membership again, and it’s such a wonderful deal at $350/year.  It would be swell if I could get a free membership as The First Tee Coach, but if my membership helps keep the course going, I’m happy to pay it.  
     That’s it for now.  I am going to focus on watching the back nine action at the Masters.  


Until next time…

No comments: