Saturday, August 31, 2019

Mass Shootings, A Sign of Our Times


     Belinda and I are in a KOA Campground in Quebec City, and we are doing some laundry and some wi-fi stuff while we wait for our clothes to dry.  She just told me there was yet another shooting in Texas.  Sigh.
     We are in Quebec, because we picked up our brand new Safari Condo Alto F2114 yesterday, and we spent the first night in it just last night.  That's a bit of good news to help offset all of this tragic news.  For this last post in August, here is what I wrote at the beginning of the month.

Written on 8-4-19.

     Another day, two more mass shootings.  So sad.  This time, it’s a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Texas, and somewhere in Dayton, Ohio.  My director, Rocio, from CORE lives in El Paso, so I am truly hopeful that she’s safe.  What is happening in this world?  Why aren’t these individuals getting the love, support, and attention they need?  What will eventually reverse this dangerous trend?  Is this the new norm?  It has already struck close to home, too, right here at our Aztec High School, but that does not in any way make us feel safer.

On to golf (something to keep my mind off of these tragedies)…

     Shawn, C.J., and I played on Thursday, the first day of August, and we chose, or rather I chose, the GIR Game again.  They didn’t want to choose the game this time, so it was up to me.  GIR is always a great choice, because that’s what the game of golf and playing it really well is mostly all about.  The players who score well hit more greens than the ones who don’t. 
     Bruce has better things to do right now, according to his reply to me, but we are going to have dinner at their place tomorrow night, and we are bringing Kody, so he can have a play date with their dog, Rocky.

No comments: