Friday, September 27, 2019

My Failure Pitching Single Length Irons to a Drunk Man


Written on 8-8-19.

     I am waiting outside on the dining patio at Rosie’s Pizzeria in Pagosa Springs.  Danielle will be here soon after getting off work.  I am coming home after my training at Carver Elementary yesterday.  It went really well, and the bonus was having a private lunch with Daryl, Katie, and Adi yesterday during the training.  This was the third Time to Teach seminar at Carver, and they are well on their way.  I see them taking off with Time to Teach this year, and my focus for this training was more about home connections, Teach-To’s, and letting them have more time to discuss and plan.  I was more of a facilitator than a presenter this time.
     I was eavesdropping just now on two gentleman who were talking golf, and one of them was talking about what types of irons he was hoping to get next.  It was hard not to eavesdrop, because he was talking loud enough for all of us to hear and with a bit of a slur.  He took one last shot of tequila before driving away in his truck, too.  He was young, and he talked about how he liked the variety of shots he can make with different length irons and adjusting his hands on the grips, so he didn’t buy what I was selling.  I told him I was playing better with them due to their consistency.  Oh well.

No comments: