Saturday, April 25, 2020

Happy Easter!

Written on 4-12-2020.

It’s Easter Sunday!  Hooray!  With the coronavirus and the stay at home order from our governor, this Lent felt longer than usual.  We have made it, though, and it feels glorious.  
However, Matt left for Santa Fe today, and we will miss him.  It was a weird goodbye.  He feels like family, so it was sad to say farewell, and it didn’t help that we weren’t sure when we would be seeing him again.  Fire season is looming.  Uncertainty is in the air.  Danielle is getting set to leave us in about a week.
I attended Easter service in my computer room.  I’ve “attended” church online for the past three weeks.  I am thankful I can still receive a spiritual communion.  A sense of community is still present even in a digital realm, and I need that sense of fellowship.
I thought it was funny that you could see how many were participating, and just like in a face-to-face church service, some people come in later.  It was 183 participants when it started, and then it jumped up to 205 after the readings.  Maybe they were doing their hair.

No comments: