Friday, May 15, 2020

Mothers' Day Eve

Written on 5-8-2020.

Another week during the Covid-19 shut-down is coming to an end, and we are two days away from Mothers’ Day.  It’s a Friday night, and B, Kody, and I are staying in the Alto down by the river on the Edgerton’s property again.  One night is enough for us this weekend.  Two nights was a bit rough last time.  We just fire roasted brats and hot dogs with Eric and Amanda, and it was topped off with homemade ice cream cones.  Fun!
Eric texted me earlier to ask about playing at Hillcrest, so I spoke with him about it.  I will call for a tee time on Sunday.  I’m thrilled that he wants to go and play.
I just spent about an hour wasting my time on FB instead of writing in here, so I am going to bed now.  Why do I do it?  It’s mostly political, opinionated, and/or ridiculous.  I will write some more in the morning.

Until the morning…

5-10-2020

It’s Mothers’ Day now, and I completely didn’t write the morning after we stayed in the Alto.  We simply woke up and headed home right away, and then we got busy with stuff.  I don’t know what the stuff is right now, but I just know I didn’t write.
Now I remember.  Belinda and I...
had a wonderful Mothers’ Day Eve together.  We showered and went to Lowe’s to pick up our shade for our deck cover, and then we spent the afternoon putting it up.  We ordered it online, and we got the e-mail that let us know it was ready for pick-up.  It looks great, and it will add some much needed shade later this summer.  
This morning, when we had brunch with Jess, we only put it down halfway, because it was a bit too cold to put it all the way down…yet.  
James called us via Messenger video chat, and Belinda opened one of the three packages that she had received from him so far.  It was Hatch Green Chile seeds.  Belinda is going to plant a few, since it is past time to begin planting those, and then she will save the rest for later.  Clever gift.
On to golf…

I called Hillcrest to set a tee time finally.  It was because Eric wanted to play, but I think I would have gone and played by myself this week anyway.  I am so excited!  The last time I played was at Moab about 60 days ago.  Good grief.  It will be fun to see where my game is at.  We play at 12:06, and I am so looking forward to it.
I didn’t work out on Friday after multiple weeks of exercising in a big way, one and a half to two hours, every week on that day.  I just wanted a break, but I bet I will regret it.  I will pick it up again this week.  I used Matt Prokop’s two workouts that he sent me four times.  Then I paid Matt Frings for two workouts, too, and I used them one time each.  
I just wanted a break.  I was tired.  I am slightly depressed, I think, too.  I keep track of how many days this shut-down has lasted with my Lumosity App, and it was Day 60 today!  We always add two to that number, though, because it actually started on Kyle’s birthday, March 12th.  Wow!  That’s a long time to not be able to go and play golf on a golf course.  On this Wednesday, however, it’s time to shake off the rust.  

Until next time…

No comments: