Monday, April 11, 2022

Masters on a Sunday

Written on 4-8-22.

        The carpets in our living room, master bedroom, and computer room have been cleaned by Ryan from Stanley Steamer today.  I am sitting in the living room and enjoying the Masters on a Friday afternoon while the fan spins to help dry the carpet in here.  I went to McCoy today to teach two lessons, and now I am done for the weekend.  I leave for Twin Lakes on Monday, and it will be nice to just…stop until then.

Tiger is back after his last accident.  I heard it was 14 months ago.  I am rooting for him.  What a story of coming back that would be.  One for the history books, for certain.  He is on the 18th hole, and he has come back after a rough start to +1, so he will be playing on Saturday and Sunday.  The leader, Scottie Scheffler, is at -6.

I lived a dream this past week on Monday: I got to play golf with...

my brother.  We played at (Name) Golf and Tennis Club, which used to be called (Different Name) Golf and Tennis Club.  Not sure why the name was changed.


Written on 4-10-22.


It’s a Masters Sunday, and I am watching again in our living room.  It was ten years ago Guy and I got to attend the Masters for one day on a Saturday.  Bubba Watson won that one.  We just had a phone call with Amanda to decide whether to cancel our garage sale or not.  It just sounded like too much work for too little reward, so we decided against holding it.

Back to when I played in Lakewood this past weekend, I stopped by the golf course after having a breakfast with Tom (last name).  I knew Troy was working there, but I didn’t know if I would see him.  He was in his office, though, and I surprised him.  He was busy on a Saturday, though, so I didn’t stick around to visit.  I set a tee time for Monday at 9:00, and Troy said to “comp” it, and to make it for four people.  Great! He would play with us, or so we thought.  He texted early Monday to let us know he was going to his mom’s instead, so it would just be Guy and me.

It was just so fun!  We warmed up a little at the range, and I showed Guy what I was working on lately.  They “comped” everything (thanks, Troy), so we didn’t even pay for his rental clubs.  We returned all of the golf balls they gave him, except one.  We only played the back nine, and we never caught anybody.  Nobody caught up to us either.  We saw one group ahead of us on #10, but there were gone after that hole.  It was just us and the golf course for a couple of hours.

Guy played really well for a stretch of four holes, and he outpaced my score on those.  He even made a birdie, and the funny thing was, he thought it was a par.  He had a long putt that went in from off the front of the green on hole #14.  I only had one par and a swell recovery for a bogey, but I was encouraged with my full swing.  I triple-putted three greens, mostly missing short putts, so I know I can fix that.

Anyway, it was over as soon as it started, but that is to be expected.  We got some great pictures together, and I was just thankful to have that time with my brother.

Looks like Scottie Scheffler is going to wear the green jacket for 2022.  Speaking of time together with Guy, it was ten years ago when we made our trek to Augusta.  Thankful for that time, too.  Rory had an amazing day today, also, shooting a 64 and grabbing second place alone.  I hope he wins the Masters someday.


Until next time…

No comments: