Wednesday, September 21, 2022

B Starts Full-Time Work and the 1, 2, 3 Game at Riverview

Written on 8-10-22.

        I am watching the Good Good boys playing their UK Major with Rick Shiels.  It’s fun to watch, and I like their energy.  I have watched many of their videos lately, and if they knew about that, they would say, “Subscribe!”

I don’t, though.  I can see their latest videos in my feed anyways, and I may lose interest.  I could always unsubscribe.  

It’s a Wednesday, and I have gotten most of my chores done.  Kody walked.  Check.  Dinner made.  Check.  Vet called.  Check.  Clothes put away.  Check.  New sunshade and connectors for the new deck in the cart at Amazon.  Check.

Belinda started her full-time Title 1 job yesterday, so we are working together to make it all survivable.  I am taking over on meals and cleaning the kitchen and the bathrooms.  WE can do this, and we are definitely a team.  Kody is helping by being a bit more patient for his morning walks.

I did my first workout with Matt after nearly three years yesterday, too.  I survived, but it wasn’t as hard as it could have been.  He wanted to see...

how I was doing and what my fitness level was after having had Covid.  I was glad to do it, and I might buy ten more sessions.  The deal is ten for $270.00.

On to golf…


Debbie didn’t play with us boys after all, so it was just Eric, Grant, and me at Riverview for my latest round.  We didn’t even try to get a fourth.  It was baking hot, and we all agreed that taking carts was wise.  I don’t know if we would have made it if we had chosen to walk.  We would have had heat strokes.  It was 94º for the high, but we had no wind, so the heat would just permeate everything.  I poured water over my head three times in the last six holes to help me cool off.

We had to wait a bit, so we had plenty of time to warm up.  Eric set the tee time at 12:30, but the guy in the pro shop said it wouldn’t be until 2:00 because of a lady’s tournament.  On the phone, they told him it was because of lady’s day.  It was around 1:20 when we teed off, and we were told to keep our distance from the ladies in front of us.  We did.

We decided to play the points game, and it was new to Grant.  We did our best to explain it, and he rightly figured that if he hit fairways and greens, he would do well.  We told him it was as simple as 1, 2, 3.

It was close.  Eric had a chance to beat me on the last hole with an approach, but he chunked it and missed the green by a lot.  I remember when I had to hit the green to be able to tie him, so it was great to be on the other side of it.  I did feel bad for Eric, though. 

I just saw Good Good guy Garrett Clark hit one off of the water on a par five.  It skipped multiple times before it came out onto the fairway.   I wonder if he will get a birdie off the water like Eric and I did.  He did!  That is so cool.  It was on hole #13 for him.

After it was all over, I had earned 25 points to Eric’s 23 and Grant’s 21.  I shot an 89 to Eric’s 95 and Grant’s 97.  Grant had some huge drives, and that was where he got some major points.  We added two points for long drives in the fairway on the par fives.  I believe he got two of those.  Eric made a charge on the beginning of the back, but he stalled after that.  He was talking some smack after earning those points, but he was silent when we walked off #18.  He did have some excellent pitches with super distance control.  It was a fun match, but the heat made it a little less fun.  The heat of the competition, though, made it a little more fun.  

A lack of birdies made it a little more less fun, but I was proud of my consistent play.  I was most proud of my bogey on the last hole after hitting it into the hazard with my 7-iron tee shot (I attempted to play it like Bruce did).  That bogey tied Eric’s bogey, so he couldn’t get the points for the win either.  I dodged two bullets there.  Phew!

Tomorrow, I will go play with Hart and C.J. at Hillcrest.  We have played on Wednesdays the last two times, but Hart got the tee time for a Thursday.  Hopefully, I will play better when I play the front nine with them.  


Until next time…

No comments: