Thursday, September 15, 2022

Camping at Vallecito and Swinging My Lag Shot

Written on 8-1-22.

        B, Kody, and I are camping at the Vallecito Campground for the first time.  It’s beautiful here.  We are the only ones camping in Loop D.  One couple left this morning and someone else has a spot reserved for tonight, so we get this all to ourselves.  It’s tremendous and rare.  

I just let Kody outside, because he heard a chipmunk.  I think it was eating his food out there, but Kody fixed that; he ate it himself (the food, not the chipmunk).  B is watching a movie on Netflix with the two bars on her phone as a hotspot.  We took a short walk earlier on the Weminuche Trail, and we barely made it back in time before the rain came down.  As soon as we came inside, it started.  We took a drive to the Country Market for something to do, and we bought some ice cream.  Lighting and thunder came at the same time all around us as we enjoyed our treat.  It was a spectacular nature show!  We actually felt the vibrations in the Jeep.  Amazingly, Kody doesn’t get scared with thunder.  He doesn’t like fireworks, but he hardly reacts to thunder.  Weird.

I read and did some editing on the first half of this journal this morning.  I don’t have anything to catch up on after doing that, and it all looked and sounded good to me.  I am just so grateful to be able to play, and my takeaway was I am playing a lot.  Hooray!

I could recount my last round at Hillcrest with Hart and C.J., but there isn’t much to tell.  We played from the golds again, and I did poorly…again.  Then I went to my doctor’s appointment with Dr. Lavengood for my right shoulder.  He decided to order an M.R.I.  It felt better after my appointment (figures), but something is wrong.  It hurts to sleep on my right side, and if it gets in a “bad” position, I have tremendous pain.  

After my appointment, I went back and played from the blues with some people from Albany, Texas.  I shot a 45, and I wondered why?  Why do I play better from the farther tees?  Why do I play badly with Hart and C.J.?  I texted C.J. after my second nine holes, and he agreed a 45’s a better score for me.  I putted better the second time around.  I had multiple three-putts and even one four-putt on the final hole when I played with them.  Sigh.

I swung my Lag Shot some more on this camping trip at our spot here, D12.  It’s a weird trainer, and I am still figuring it out.  I wish the Kalassy Swing Trainer allowed people to hit golf balls like this one does.  With that one, you cannot swing over the top either.  I guess you can do that with the Lag Shot, but it’s really difficult.

Next up, we play at Riverview again, but this time with Grant and Debbie.  That’s a different group, but it’s going to be a fun outing.  Eric got a tee time at 12:30 on Thursday.

I texted Matt (last name) to set up my final two workouts with him in August, so am I looking forward to those?  Yes, I am, but it will be difficult to do an hour or longer workout after being so weak, but that’s why I’m doing them.  I need to get my stamina up again.

I am thinking about going to Lakewood to visit the folks in August, too.  I won’t start work until the end of August or the beginning of September, so I thought that now would be an opportune time.  I will talk to them about it in our chat tonight.  I will bring my clubs if I do.  

No comments: