Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Ice Golf for Arthur

Written on 12-10-22.

        Kody and I just came back from walking down to the mailboxes.  I saw an e-mail telling me my replacement Abaco sunglasses had arrived, so I decided to go get them.  Kody did an excellent job of walking on his leash.


Back to golf…


Arthur (again, not his real name) had two funny things happen at Hillcrest on hole #12.  The teeing grounds were all moved forward because of the winter conditions like I had written before, so it was only around 130 yards to the pin.  For his first shot, his ball landed short and ricocheted back towards the water.  The water was mostly ice, though, so his ball skittered across the ice heading over towards hole #17.  Eventually, the ice ran out where it was water, so his ball fell in and went sploosh.  He teed it up again, and this time he chunked it fat.  His ball was headed towards the middle of the ice, so he turned away in disgust, but I kept watching.  His golf ball bounced off the ice with a loud crack and landed on the green.  It was only about 15 feet away form the hole.  I told him that I write about my golf adventures, and this story was definitely going into the journal.

No comments: