Thursday, December 29, 2022

Last Post of 2022-A Swing Trainer Junkie?

Written on 12-21-22.

        This is fun!  James and Danielle came home from Lakewood with us yesterday, so the four of us are hanging out.  They will be here through Christmas, so it’s a celebration in many ways.  Casey will drive from Albuquerque on Friday, too.

James rode along to my cardiologist appointment this morning just to keep me company, which was very nice.  I had a good report: no atrial fibrillations!  B and I just came back from town where we exchanged our iPhone 8’s for accessories for our iPhone 13’s.  I got a wall charger, and she got a slim wallet that attaches to her phone.  Danielle just left to go to Safeway for a grocery run.  B and I meant to go to Sam’s Club today, but she forgot her club card, so we made new plans.  We will go tomorrow or Friday now.  No biggie.

We watched Spielberg’s The Fabelmans last night, and it was wonderful.  I could see many of the references from his movies throughout, such as Close Encounters, Schindler’s List, and Saving Private Ryan.  It was an extremely well-done movie.  He’s a master movie maker.

Tomorrow, it will be A’s and B’s 56th birthday, and we plan on going to Griego’s for lunch together.  Life is good.


On to golf…


Eric and I played at Pinon Hills the first day it opened after all of the renovations.  Construction was still going on, but they allowed play, and it was fun.  Eric came up with a game that was similar to the Reverse Handicap Game.  It just wasn’t reversed, so holes were worth a thousand times whatever the hole’s handicap was, which was weird.  If I won an easier hole, like hole #4, I won a lot of points.  If I lost a difficult hole, it didn’t really hurt as bad.  

It wasn’t busy (we played later in the day), so we added a little putting game that escalated as we played our round.  The winner of the hole would pick a spot on the green from far away, and we would attempt to get a one-putt or a two-putt from that location.  If one of us made it in one shot, we would get double the money, but neither one of us did that.

To wrap this up quickly, I won the game with the handicap system at the end of the round.  I think I won by around $2000.00, but we missed out on three of the putting contests (holes 7, 8, and 9), because someone who was walking came up behind us, so we kept moving to keep the pace up.

We had a putt-off on the practice green, and I just needed to two-putt two of those to win it all.  Unfortunately, I only got one, and Eric got two, so his score surpassed my score.

It was a different competition, and it was fun.  I had a seven-footer for my final putt to win it all, but I missed it, so he truly deserved to win.

For Christmas this year, I asked for (and ordered it myself) the Precision Impact Swing Trainer.  The first one I ordered never showed up, though.  It got stuck in Lansing, Michigan, and I had visions of what had happened last year happening all over again.  

However, I reached out to Mike, the president of the company and customer support, to explain what had happened, and he sent me another one!  He was very easy to deal with, so kudos to him and his company.  Hooray!  I will get my gift this year.  I look forward to using it.  I believe I am a swing trainer junkie.

James and I are going for a late afternoon walk now. 


Until next time…

No comments: