Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Brief Summary of How Life is in Our Family

Written on 4-16-23.

        Belinda and I are sitting out on our deck on a lovely Sunday spring afternoon.  Where to begin?  Dad is in rehab in Colorado Springs.  Phew.  It was a chore to get him in there, and it might not have happened.  Joe advised that within the medical field, things usually happen in the last minute, and he was right.  

Mom is living at Legend, and we are so happy she is in there.  Except Mom.  She is miserable, because she is missing Dad and their home for 53 years.  Bev arranged to have a doctor prescribe some “happy” drugs, and her mood appeared to be better when we would FaceTime.  She cries less, and she smiles more.  She recognized that she had asked me something once, so that was weird.  We are so used to hearing her getting stuck in a dementia loop.  We just need to keep praying that Dad will get out of rehab and move in with her, because we know that will help the entire situation.

Danielle just called. She is talking to us on...

B’s phone with the speaker. Her crew shows up tomorrow, and she has a doctor’s appointment for her foot on Wednesday.  They are talking about Kyle’s girl, Amy, getting all the stuff moved to the master bedroom.

I had my CORE meeting yesterday morning in Albuquerque.  Things are changing, and we are expected to record what we are doing in different ways.  I know our director is in the middle between the PED and us, but the money was moved to the the SPED Department there, so now they have more say in what happens.  Sigh.  At least I still get to work with teachers and students.

I had a great afternoon and evening yesterday, too.  After the meeting, Casey, Ekko, and I were bringing lunch from Jersey Jim’s to James, and James asked if I had brought my shorts.  I had.  I brought dressy shorts thinking I might wear them to our meeting depending on the weather.

Anyway, Adam’s wife, Liv, got a migraine, and he needed a sub, so they asked me.  I agreed.  I was thinking I might have a pang to play when I got there to watch, so fate brought Adam and me together.  We won the tournament, and it felt wonderful.  We won three matches, and we gelled.   My shoulder felt so much better than last year when I played with James.  I could swing through the ball and serve a little tougher.  I know that history is repeating itself here.  I remember being discouraged about my golf game and then playing well on the volleyball court, and both times I am reminded that I still need to remain patient and practice, practice, practice…with my golf.  

James, Casey, and Ekko were all doing well.  Ekko is getting big, and I joked that the large scratch he gave me on my right forearm looked bloody and menacing, and that was the real reason we won the tournament.  I looked tough and intimidating with it.  Thanks, Ekko.  They are doing well with his training (although I don’t think they think so), but he is just a puppy.  They, too, need to remain patient.  They plan on buying their next new home from Casey’s mom, Shannon.  It’s in a nicer neighborhood, and she and Shannon lived there for a couple of years when Casey was between 11 and 13, I believe.  Casey is killing it at Fidelity and is a leader in her training group.  James recently switched to four 10-hour days, so he has Wednesdays off every week.  Their wedding date creeps steadily closer, also.  It will still be on October 14, 2023.

No comments: