Sunday, April 16, 2023

13th Excerpt From My Original Golf Diary-Part 2-Rotella's Rules

        I see that I began this entry with I can't believe March is almost here.  Right now, I am in disbelief that we are past the middle of April.  I am writing in my Golf Diary-Part 21 today on our deck, and it feels so great to be writing about...anything again, golf or life.  I need some birdies to force even more writing.  Soon.


Written on 2-27-03.


I can’t believe March is almost here.  I am looking forward to going to see Guy over spring break.  We are going to play golf every day if the weather will let us.  They have had some severe winter storms out East, so I hope they are done by the end of March.  We have even had some snow, but it is more than welcome here.  I don’t care if I can’t play golf.  We need the moisture.  I hope it continues for the entire month of March and then some.  I worry about having another dry summer.  

I have been watching some of the Accenture Match Play Tournament on television and recording some of it.  Ernie Els was defeated.  Darn.  I heard he is 6’3” just like I am.  More proof that if he can do it, so can I.  He is the correct height!  I stayed home with Danielle yesterday.  We went to see Dr. Lavengood because she was complaining about sore throat pain.  She is going to have her tonsils removed in two weeks, so we wanted to make sure she would be okay.  She did not have strep.  Thank goodness.  When we returned home, I found golf on the television, and it was a Wednesday!  I used my free time recording it, and getting all of my tapes organized.  I have recorded two full tapes and more of golf coverage.  I even recorded a little more today after school.  

I have also been working on memorizing Rotella’s Rules when I eat breakfast.  They are very good.  Here is what I have memorized so far…


A person with great dreams can achieve great things.

People by and large become what they think about themselves.

Golfing potential depends primarily on attitude and skill with the wedges and the putter.  Great golfers are simply ordinary people thinking well and performing extraordinary deeds.

Free will is a golfer’s greatest source of strength and power.  Choosing how to think is a crucial decision.

Golfers who realize their potential generally cultivate the three D’s, desire, determination, and discipline, the three P’s, persistence, patience, and practice, and the three C’s, confidence, concentration, and composure. 


        That’s as far as I’ve gotten.  Before summer, I hope to have them all memorized.

No comments: