Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Fox Hollow Golf Course and Special Memories

Written on 6-2-23.

        I am up at the new Edgerton cabin home with A and B.  We came up for two nights, because we could.  B is done with her work, and we had no other plans this weekend.  I am sitting in the dining room with the stone fireplace on a little circular chair as I type this.  The girls and Kody just came back from a drive and a walk.  They sent back a picturesque picture of the reservoir.  We are just past the Vallecito Reservoir here.  

While they were gone, I held a conference call with the family to decide about the clean-up now that the estate sale is done at 1542.  Victoria did an excellent job with the sale, and ours was her last one.  Her partners, who are taking over the business, even had a cake for her when it was done.  She recommended Ed for all the removal of the stuff that was left over, so I gave him a call.  I was impressed, and I wanted to hire him right away.  A real selling point was that he answered his phone.  Everywhere else, I was leaving messages.  He will...

clean it all out, too.  Nothing will be left.  He sweeps and vacuums when he is done.  Another bonus for him is that Victoria was the one recommending him.  

We all agreed, and he will start on Monday.  I am excited to get the house closer to its eventual sale.  Every step is a step done, and this one is big!  They had soooo much stuff.


Back to golf…


When Guy and I played at Fox Hollow, it was dreamlike.  Once again, we played with Mac (last name).  He was fine to play with, and we got along well.  We had much in common due to our ages.  He had three children close in age to James and Danielle.  He wasn’t very good at golf, though, so I was wondered later in the round why he told us he usually plays from the blues.  We played from the whites that day, and that was much better suited to his game.  

I remember playing here with Dad once, and he rode along in a cart.  Looking back, that was a special memory.  Guy remembered when he rode along with us at Grand Lake one time, too, and how wonderful that was.  Guy and I played the same nine holes, the Meadow Nine, when Dad and I were here last, and then we played the Canyon Nine for the back.  I also came to the range one of the recent times I came up to work on the house by myself.  I bought two new shirts, a hat, and some shorts in celebration of getting that work done.

Guy didn’t fare too well.  I lent him my Wishon driver, but he didn’t use it as well as he did the last time we played at Troy’s course.  He had great success with it there, so I thought it would work out again, but he struggled.  He also had several topped shots in a row on one hole.  I was consistent with bogeys until the back nine when I finally earned some pars near the end.  I was so happy to get in 18 holes with Guy!  What a rare thing. 

Once we were in the Springs, we stayed with Emily and Carter at their new house.  Weston had just turned 1 on April 23rd, and we got the opportunity to watch him one morning, because his grandpa (on Carter’s side) had jury duty.  Guy had business meetings, but he helped out early.  

Weston loved bubbles and the most mundane things fascinated him.  For example, he spent much of his time looking at rivets at the top of the slide on the back deck, played with broken, crumbly concrete pieces near the back of the house (they did make a fun sound), and opened and closed the gate over and over again at the top of the deck.  He was a joy to watch and be with.  We took him to go visit Mom and Dad in the afternoon at Legend, and he was a big hit there, too.  He is just a pleasant, little dude.


I will continue this tomorrow.  I have much to write about, and it’a all because I am playing golf again!  Hooray!

No comments: