Saturday, June 10, 2023

Topgolf in Centennial

Written on 5-27-23.

        B and I are killing time in Santa Fe.  We just attended Rich and Aurora’s wedding, and James was a groomsman.  Casey is here, but she chose to go eat somewhere else with her friends Brandon, Rich L., his girl Ashton, Adrian and some others.  We chose to stick it out and wait for a table at Tomasita’s.  The food was soooo good, so we made a great choice.  

Coach Lewis did come that night to Topgolf, and it was great to visit with him.  I paid for his dinner, and he texted to thank me.  I just texted him back, but I should have done it a while ago.  I plan to go back on the 9th of June.

The rest of the evening was fine, but a little bit anti-climactic.  Dan left after we were at Pindustry for a bit, because he had the drive to Windsor, and it was a loud, crowded bar.  I couldn’t blame him.  Guy noticed that the crowd was a mix of our generation and...

the millennial group.  A band was playing 80’s music, and they reminded me of the band at the end of the movie Hot Rod, complete with the huge Afros.  I just sent pictures to Troy, because he couldn’t come, and he wanted to see how it went.

Darrell and Alan met some ladies.  One of them, the older sister named Mary, played ping-pong with us near the end.  Ping-pong was fun!  We laughed a lot, and Alan was pretty drunk, so he lost a lot of his coordination. 


5-29-23


On to golf…


Guy and I played three times while we were in Colorado.  We played 18 holes at Fox Hollow (see earlier post), had some fun playing short game games one evening in Colorado Springs.  We ended the golf vacation with nine holes with Carter at Antler Creek.

No comments: