Monday, June 26, 2023

Scorched Earth

Written on 6-3-23.

    I am in the same dining room today, and it’s 11:33.  A and B are busy behind me choosing locations to put up pictures.  Now, they are finished and getting ready for a well-deserved afternoon nap.  They are “bouncing” on the couch in the sunroom, and they wouldn’t want me to write about that, but nobody reads this anyway.  Last night was my first night at the new cabin home, and I love it.  The river/brook is really gushing since it’s the beginning of June as I look out both of the big windows.  Kody and I took a short walk around the perimeter of the property when I first went outside to greet the twins, and it’s just beautiful here.  

This house is eclectic, and it’s been added onto many times.  The style of the furniture and the decor is early 90’s, and it reminds me of our home when we first had it built.  I know Amanda and Eric got rid of a chandelier in here that was pretty atrocious.  Who cares?  I don’t.  Give me a bedroom with...

flowery wallpaper, and I’m good.  Just thankful that A and E are willing to share with us again.  The benefits of marrying a twin, huh?

Back to golf again…


Guy and I had an hour before dark in the Springs after celebrating Mom and Dad’s 60th anniversary, so we went to the nearest golf course, Pine Creek.  It was just five minutes away.  Guy was hoping to go to the range, but it was closed, so we decided to practice short game stuff instead.

We played 18 holes of chipping and putting from different locations.  It was fun and a little bit brisk.  I defeated him, but we were using my clubs and putter.  We played until it got dark.

I am pausing my writing, because I just glanced at my hands on the keyboard.  I know I haven’t put any lotion on my hands recently, but they look so wrinkly!  I don’t believe that lotion would help, unfortunately.  Recently, I commented when I saw Belinda’s legs, but it was only because she hadn’t used lotion on them.  I said it looked like “scorched earth.”  My hands look worse than that now!  Scorched earth!         Thus, it begins.  I remember looking at my grandma’s or grandpa’s hands fascinated by how different they looked from mine.  Now, mine look like theirs did.  The cycle continues.  

Hey, fellas, if you are reading this, don’t say “scorched earth” when referring to your lady’s legs.  That is sound advice.

No comments: